INTRODUCING: THE ARKHAM ABYSS!
-- a versatile, mid-priced addition to the Arkham lineup. Use either standalone, or mounted as a 1/2 rack 2U!
- 12AX7 preamp tube* selected for good tone and low microphonics, and run at correct voltages (not a starved plate design)
- Mosfet buffered Lo-Z output, drives modern solid state power amps or recording interfaces with ease.
- Balanced DI output, featuring a hefty Edcor transformer for full frequency response. Ground lift switch for good measure.
- Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a James Tonestack to provide a wide adjustment range with minimal interaction.
- Range control – sweeps the tonestack "midpoint" anywhere between 150Hz and 1KHz
- Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz (without any mud!).
- HPF switch - a gentle roll off beginning around 100Hz
- DC referenced heaters, for ultra quiet operation.
- Turret board construction, Mil-spec Teflon wire, etc.
- Carling switches, Switchcraft jacks, Belton sockets, etc.
- Powder-coated steel 2U, 1/2 rack chassis. 8.5" x 8" x 3.5". Weighs ~5 lb.
- Includes rack ears for mounting, and rubber feet for standalone use.
- Anodized aluminum faceplate, all stainless steel hardware.
*Select NOS tubes available for an additional $25.
*6SL7 version available for an additional $50
-- Need an export, or dual voltage version? Please inquire.
$650 + shipping. Current build time around 4 weeks.