INTRODUCING: THE ARKHAM BULLET!
- a ruggedized, utilitarian, tube Bass Pre-amplifier housed in a surplus 30 Caliber Ammo Box. The Bullet is built to survive the rigors of the road while delivering a warm, vintage thump - as if Ampeg were given a Military contract to arm Motown!
- 12AX7 preamp tube* selected for good tone and low microphonics, and run at correct voltages (not a starved plate design)
- Mosfet buffered Lo-Z output, drives modern solid state power amps or recording interfaces with ease.
- Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a James Tonestack to provide a wide adjustment range with minimal interaction.
- Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz (without any mud!).
- DC referenced heaters, for ultra quiet operation
- Turret board construction, Mil-spec Teflon wire, etc.
- Carling switches, Switchcraft jacks, Belton sockets, etc.
- Integrated 9' power cable, stores inside the box.
- 30 Caliber ammo box measures 10" x 7" x 3.5"
- Removable door, seals tight with a rubber gasket
- Powder-coated steel chassis. Weighs 7 lb.
- Anodized aluminum faceplate, all stainless steel hardware.
*Select NOS tubes available for an additional $25.
-- Need an export, or dual voltage version? Please inquire.
$450 + shipping. Current build time around 4 weeks.